- The action of colouring requires focus which is regulated by the frontal lobe of the brain… the area responsible for executive functioning & self-regulation. When these functions are compromised individuals can experience:
~ Trouble focusing
~ Impaired judgement
~ Difficulty with problem-solving
- Colouring helps you to focus & calm your brain ~ which leads to health benefits for your mental health
- It reduces anxiety, by concentrating on the task in front of you & helps you to achieve an enhanced focus as you aren’t thinking about your worries.
- It stimulates the right side of your brain where our creativity, intuition & visualization lies.
- It’s a great way to detach from our screens that have taken over our lives.
- It helps you to fall asleep if done right before your bedtime.
Please follow and like us: